Buying a used car IELTS Listening answers
Complete the form below.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Number of Owners: (1)
Condition: overall good.
(2) done last year.
Reason for Selling: (owner) (3)
Asking Price: (4)
Appointment Time: (5)
Address: (6) Street , Park-wood.
Contact name: Elena
Circle the correct letter A-C.
(7) What happened to Sams car ?
A It was replaced by another one.
B It broke down.
C It was stolen.
(8) Why does Jan need a car now ?
A She lives too far from the university.
B She spends too much time on the bus.
C She would feel safer at night with a car.
(9) What does Sam recommend ?
A check the service records.
B avoid buying an old car.
C get a mechanical inspection.
(10) How are they travelling to Elenas ?
A by motorcycle.
B on foot.
C by bus.
Circle the correct letter.
(11) What is one of the new advantages in the dining facilities ?
A more students.
B more variety.
C more service.
(12) What was one problem with the dining options last year ?
A Students did not have enough to eat.
B Students had to pay too much money.
C Students had to eat whatever was served.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
(13) and pasta are an example of Italian food.
(14) American food consists of hot dogs.
Circle the correct letters from A-C.
(15) Why does the school say the food will be better ?
A They hired real chefs.
B The food is more expensive.
C They will make more kinds.
(16) When will the dining facilities open and close ?
A 6 am and 12 pm.
B 6 am and 12 am.
C 12 pm and 6 pm.
(17) What can students do if they are hungry in the afternoon ?
A go out and buy food on the street.
B wait till dinner time.
C go to the student store for snacks.
(18) What must you do to eat in the dining facilities if you are not a student ?
A purchase a dining facility card.
B purchase meals at the door.
C purchase meals from other students
Circle TWO letters
Which of the following are rules of the dining facilities ?
A Do not waste food.
B You may bring friends in to eat.
C Bring your own plates and trays.
D Clean your own plates and trays.
E Dont litter.
Choose the correct letter A , B or C.
(21) Becoming a friend of Laverton Arts Centre
A costs £15.
B costs £50.
C doesnt cost anything.
(22) How many newsletters ,do friends receive each year ?
(23) Friends of the Arts centre can buy
A more tickets than other visitors.
B tickets before other visitors.
C books earlier than other visitors.
(24) There might be reductions on tickets for events
A in the small Theatre.
B in the Main Theatre.
C at the Arts Cinema.
(25) The Arts Centre is changing
A the password for its website.
B its website address.
C the design of its website.
(26) Friends of Laverton Arts Centre are
A required to attend a certain number of events.
B not forced to attend a certain number of events.
C encouraged to count how many events they attend.
Complete the sentences below.
Write ONE WORD/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
(27) the woman has visited the Arts Centre times in total.
(28) The first event at the Arts Centre the woman went to was a .
(29) The woman was unaware there was a at the Arts Centre.
(30) The woman likes the idea of a .
Circle the correct letters.
(31) In a previous lecture, Dr North talked about
A the Marine Habital Research unit.
B humankinds relationship with sailing.
C humankinds relationship with sea.
(32) The focus of todays talk will be on
A problems the fishing industry faces worldwide.
B marine fish recipes.
C European fishing problems.
(33) A book list and relevant articles can be
A found only in the lecture room.
B found on the Marine Habital Research Unit website.
C found in the lecture room and on the department website.
(34) During the last century
A stocks of rare species have fallen dramatically.
B the world population has grown very fast.
C fishing has become less efficient but heavier.
(35) As well as over-fishing which of the following is a research for fishing stock being on the point of collapse in the public ?
A Ocean ecology has changed.
B Fishing has spread to international waters.
C Fish has become cheaper.
(36) In the UK
A fish used to be seen as a luxury.
B fish is not cheaper than meat.
C fish used to be seen as a cheap meal.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
Reasons why the number of fish is declining
A large (37) of catch nowadays is discarded.
Solutions to the problem
(38) and nets are to blame for the deaths of many fish.
Reducing the quantity of fish for each boat.
(39) are not a complete solution.
Example of disappearance of fish
Newfoundland, where (40) disappeared.
ANSWERS (Ielts listening practice test 12)
- Going overseas
- 88 Princess
- Rubbish/others Traps
- Fish Farms
- COD STOCKS ,(THE) COD Populations
If you enjoyed ielts listening practice test 12, please share this post and comment on it.
Er. Nachhattar Singh ( CEO, blogger,youtuber,Motivational speaker)